debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

How Hard Can It Be? - Allison Pearson

Well, I didn't get quite the laughs that I'm sure other people did with this book due to the fact that I lived a lot of it (still am, with a late 20 something still acting like a teenager). Well, at least I didn't have the "belfie" to contend with. Thank the Lord for that!!!

However, I did enjoy the book. The scenes with boy toy (was it boy or toy? Ha!!) I found especially funny. Kate's mother-in-law definitely gave her son the correct name. I certainly would not have put up with his crap!! My last line he would hear from me would be "Don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord slit ya". Ha!!

I didn't read this author's first book, "I Don't Know How She Does It", but I did see the quasi good movie. And after reading this book, I am sure that the first book was a good one. Why can't Hollywood get it right? Is it really that hard?

I did learn something that I really needed to know from reading this book though. I NEED HRT!!!! I said yes to most of her questions. (shocked face!)

A very entertaining book that I did enjoy after I got through the teen angst. I especially loved the career side of the story. I could definitely relate to that working in a mostly men's industry of natural gas for so many years. I may have had a few up in the air fist pumps (well okay, several) while reading this part. And yes, there were a few tears at the end (see I need that HRT).

I'm really wishing now that I had read the first book, however, I can't read a book after I've seen the movie. I am, however, looking forward to the next one!

Thanks to St. Martin's Press and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.