debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Don't Believe It - Charlie Donlea

With true crime documentaries (Making of a Murderer, etc.) being the new thing being streamed by audiences through Netflix, etc., this book delves right into that newfound popularity.

Sidney Ryan has a new idea whereby the documentary is produced weekly and then streamed at the end of that week. There are an unknown number of episodes as Sidney has no idea how the story will end. Her subject is Grace Sebold, who has many names such as "Grisly Grace", etc. Grace is in jail having served ten years of her life sentence for killing her fiancee by pushing him off a mountainside into the water below in St. Lucia.

There is also an elderly man named Gus who has just had one of his legs removed due to cancer and is in rehab learning to deal with this situation. The reader is advised that he worked in police enforcement, however, that doesn't happen right away. They are also not made aware of what Gus's role is going to be in the book for a while. However, he does become a very intricate part of the story.

The U.S. Attorney's office also gets involved as Grace is a U.S. citizen in jail in a foreign country who may be innocent. All of these things just add to the plot to garner a few more very interesting twists.

I found it fascinating to read and watch how Sidney Ryan deals with all these situations. Of course, that's not the only thing that held my attention.

The ending with its multitude of twists was crazy. I was shocked!! I will say though, I did not like a certain part of the ending. That's not what I wanted to happen, at all!! Ha!!

An interesting read that held me spellbound throughout the whole book.

Did she or didn't she? You gotta read it to know. And, it's worth it.

Thanks to Kensington Books and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.