debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Gate 76 - Andrew Diamond

First off, I want to say that apparently this author is not well known. Yet. Well, I think readers are missing a very good book here. Now, on with my review.

Wow! What an adventure this book took me on. I absolutely loved the narration by Freddy about his life. He would make a statement about something in his past and then a few chapters later, he would explain what had happened to him.

The mystery woman shows up very early in the book, as in chapter 1 and then anything about her goes away. This caused some disappointment. However, the author kept me so interested in the other things that were going on that I quickly forgot about it. I realized why the author had hidden her for a while whenever she was brought back into the story. And, why I hadn't heard anything about her.

When she did reappear? Wow!! What a story. It was a surprise for the reader, as well as Freddy.

I could not believe all the layers and layers of the truth and how those crimes were committed. It was very original and an excellent read. I tore through this book wanting to know WTF?

Andrew Diamond is now officially one of the author's I will be looking for in the future.

Huge shout out to the character, Bethany. This woman has got it all going on and she doesn't take any crap. Loved her!!

Thanks to Stolen Time Press and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.