debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Wordsmith - Alan Ayer

How has this book been published for over 3 months and there are less than a hundred ratings on Goodreads? This is one you definitely should not miss. Yes, it is a horror book and there are some graphic details in here. However, the concept and the way that concept was used was very imaginary and unlike anything I've read yet.

I raced through this book. At one point, my Kindle told me I had 4 1/2 hours left to read. The next time I looked, I had a little over an hour. It had not been three hours!

I was addicted! It was crazy! There was nothing great or outstanding about any of the characters, but the plot . . . It was just so twisted with strong Stephen King or Michael Koryta vibes.

Man, oh man, this is definitely a book I will not be forgetting about. Ever!

Some of the writing near the end was just like bullet points, but I didn't care. I was held spellbound. I wanted to read it faster - I didn't need any fluff or extra words. I wanted, needed, had to know how it ended.

An excellent read that I would recommend to any King or Koryta fans.

Huge thanks to BooksGoSocial and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.