debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Our Kind of Cruelty: A Novel - Araminta Hall

Wow, this guy Mike was definitely cray, cray. The whole book was about him and Verity (V). The author really only showed us things from his point of view. And, his point of view IMO delved way into the fantastical.

The author never tells you what V is thinking until she makes her statement at trial.

I've read reviews where people are blaming either V or Mike and why they they feel that why. Here's mine, for what it's worth.

I think Mike is pretty much delusional in his thoughts and V did not know how to handle him. Every time she told him that she loved someone else, he would dismiss it and carry on as if she had said nothing.

I think everyone is going to see something different in their regard to this question.

An interesting book that will be debated by everyone who reads it. It had me shaking my head many times and saying "unbelievable, how he sees things". I can only say, read it and see what you think.

Thanks to Farrar, Strous & Giroux and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-book in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.