debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Best Thing Ever (Ten Beach Road Series) - Wendy Wax

I could have sworn that I read part of the "Ten Beach Road" series before this book. However, when I checked it out, I had not. Apparently, these characters are so well written that I felt comfortable with them right away which just gave me the impression I had spent time with them before.

There is lots going on in this book which focuses on a group of five friends who have lots of problems that they help each other with and through. There are a lot of obstacles along the way which include a Hollywood leading man, a lying, thieving husband and a rehabilitated aging rock star who's making a comeback.

I loved the evenings when they get together to watch the sunset and take turns saying something good about their day. I think that's a great idea and hope to include at least the saying something good part in my future days.

I enjoyed spending time with these characters and wish that I had started with book one in the series. Not because this could not be read as a standalone, but because I would have liked to have been with them during earlier times and issues that were mentioned in this book. It is definitely a series that is going on my TBR list.

Thanks to Berkley Publishing and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.