debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Paris Ever After - K.S.R. Burns

3.5 Stars

I requested this book because I absolutely loved the cover. And with it being set in Paris, I was definitely in.

The book was decent. I loved Amy's adventures in Paris and her quirky friends. Unfortunately, what I was hoping for and what really happened never seemed to jive at all, for me.

First of all, Amy got on my nerves constantly. She was a nice person, but her talk about William this and William that got on my last nerve. Sure, he was the father of her baby, but hello he was an A$$. At the beginning of the book, she seemed a whole lot stronger and less immature. I'm not sure if this was because the author wanted to convey her mixed feelings or what. That part I can understand. However, towards the middle of the book, Amy just went on and on and on about William. Then, we finally get to meet this man of Amy's. That was when I started skipping pages left and right. He was egotistical, all knowing and rather boring.

This was definitely not what I was expecting. I don't understand why so many times the female lead in a rom com has to be so dingy and flighty. I mean rom com doesn't mean airhead or even rhyme with it.

I think it all went downhill for me when Amy wanted to leave her idyllic life she had built in Paris and return to America. Yeah, I know he's the father. How could anyone reading the book not know? I didn't count the number of times this was stated in the book, but it was significant. The redundancy was just too crazy for me.

I'm just going to finish by saying it was an okay book for me. It had it's great parts and then there was the redundancy. I'm sorry, the guy may have been the sperm donor but he was not husband, or even father, material.

Thanks to Velvet Morning Press and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.