debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Then She Was Gone: A Novel - Lisa Jewell

4.5 Stars

This was my fifth book by Lisa Jewell. I know when I see her name, I'm in for a good thrilling page turner that will keep me up all night.

However, part way through this book I had determined that I knew exactly what happened to Ellie, a child who turned up missing at the age of 15. Out the front door on the way to the library in which she never arrived. I was so bummed that I had it figured out. I was thinking, with all the 5 star ratings, what's up?

Alas, just a few more pages in and while it was pretty similar to what I thought was actually going on, it did sway a little differently. Well, duh, it is Lisa Jewell.

However, with that being said, for me, I found this to be a decent read, not my favorite, but a helluva lot better than some books I've read.

The characters were out there. Noelle was cray, cray; Floyd was very strange and very creepy which certainly rubbed off on his daughter, Poppy, and Laurel was too trusting, too quickly.

I really liked the ending and am certainly glad that I got to enjoy it.

Kudos to the author for the entertainment and thanks to Atria Books and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.