debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Husband Hour - Jamie Brenner

I could barely finish this book. It wasn't because it was bad, not even close. No, that was definitely not it. It was due to many tears and the many loud foghorn noises emanating from blowing my nose so much
that went along with those tears.

I hear a lot about CTE in the news in relation to football players suffering concussions, but I never really thought about hockey. I suppose that's because I don't really follow it, but however, it does make sense. Those guys are cray, cray on that ice!

This book really touched me. It wasn't only because of my feelings towards the subject matter at all. It was because the author did an awesome job of portraying the characters in this heartbreaking tale of one family's lives.

There were so many issues involved in the plot of this story and none of them felt out of place or redundantly portrayed. It was a story of one family's love, loss and life. A story that broke my heart and had me smiling at the end.

This wasn't my first book by this author, but it was definitely the best. I absorbed this book in one sitting with frequent breaks to attend to the needs of my eyeballs and my nose.

An excellent read which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Kudos to the author and thanks to Little, Brown and Company and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.