debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Twenty-One Days - Anne Perry

Believe it or not, this was my first book by Anne Perry. I know, where have I been? Of course I had heard of her, but I never got the chance to read her until now. Finally.

This book is somewhat of a legal procedure book with some courtroom drama scenes. It's not the pages and pages of courtroom procedure and legalese though. I'm going to call it "light" legal drama because the main characters are lawyers and defendants. The action mostly takes place, however, behind the scenes while the main character is doing due diligence trying to get his client declared innocent of a murder charge.

I liked the main character, Daniel Pitts, a lot. He's young, smart and interested in right and wrong. Along the way, Daniel discovers that someone very close to him could be responsible for his recent client's wife's death whom he is representing. A case he must quickly (21 days) solve in order to help his client stay away from the hanging rope.

The plot twists used to figure out this very strange murder scene are cray, cray. The story was told in such a way that I didn't even question the fire. One that turns out to be a huge missing link in the story of the murder.

I loved this book and I hope to get to read more of Anne Perry in the future.

Thanks to Random House Ballantine and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.