debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Cutting Edge - Jeffery Deaver

Debbie Krenzer's Reviews > The Cutting Edge

The Cutting Edge by Jeffery Deaver
The Cutting Edge (Lincoln Rhyme, #14)
by Jeffery Deaver (Goodreads Author)
12691311
Debbie Krenzer's review
Apr 09, 2018  ·  edit

it was amazing
bookshelves: ebooksnet-galley-books

Wow!!!!

Lincoln Rhymes and Amelia Sachs are back!! In this new tale, they are set against a plot that has many cover ups included to not give away the real reason or what is really going on with all these crimes in this book.

Seriously though, I have to ask first. Does anyone not read the Lincoln Rhyme books and not see Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie in the characters while doing so? Not that that is a bad thing. It's just where my mind goes.

The crimes are against people who are getting married. It has something to do with the mining of diamonds and the fact the perpetrator wants those diamonds whole, just like they were in the earth, not cut up and worn on "miserable fat fingers of rich women". Someone is killing engaged couples and brides to be.

There is absolutely no way to figure out the end with all of this scenario. The reason, exactly, that I love Jeffery Deaver's books. You just never know where all these little hints are eventually going to take you. Then when you do see the whole picture, I was like "how in the heck does he do that?".

An excellent read that I just sped through. I could not put it down. Vimal was lose and being chased. He had just happened upon the scene when the murderer was there killing his sometimes boss. A young guy who is just wanting to make sculptures. However, his father had another idea for him. Hence, a familiar theme placed in the book to create empathy. And it worked.

The action is relentless and the criminals are as well. With diamonds, there is a lot of money at stake and everyone wants their part or maybe that don't want some parts. One would be a recently found diamond mine in the middle of New York City.

This book kept me guessing for hours!!!

Thanks to Grand Central Publishing and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.