debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Widow of Wall Street: A Novel - Randy Susan Meyers

Wow, wow, wow!!!

I absolutely loved this book!

Phoebe was practically a widow when she married Jake, the man she had been attached to since the tender age of 15. It was always about him. Everything. He was never home and even when he was home, he was only physically there.

Phoebe seemed to be just the eye candy that Jake needed to attract his "investors". Allowing her to attend events when it benefited him only.

How in the heck did Jake get away with all this and for over a decade? What an arse he turned out to be. He was a horrible dad, as well.

I was mesmerized by this book. The building of Phoebe and Jake's lives together, the construction of Jake's investing empire and the catastrophic failure of his pipe dream.

I wanted so many times to slap some sense into Phoebe, especially at the end of the book. So many times I screamed "why" at her. Of course, she didn't hear me. Ha!!

All of my emotions were riled by this magnificent story.

I sped right through this book neglecting everything else around me, except, of course, the beautiful day happening right outside my opened garage door.

An excellent read that should definitely be on everyone's TBR pile.

I have been wanting to read this book since before it came out last year. Alas, it was not to happen. Until I signed up to win a copy of the book from the author a few weeks ago. I was psyched when I won. I was really psyched to discover when I received the book that it was a hardcover and signed by the author!!! Double Psych!!!!

Thanks to the author, (many, many thanks) for providing me with a free signed hard cover!! As I said, I review all books I read and I was delighted to do so for this book.