debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Mister Tender's Girl: A Novel - Carter Wilson

There were so many aspects of this book that I really, really liked. I loved the anagram, that was way cool. The website and the stalking gave the book a major creep factor which was right up my alley.

However, and this is not a bad thing towards the author - just a heads up (imo), tiny warning. A small part of the book dealt with self harm (cutting) that came in towards the end. That just makes me super queasy, I just don't get that, not at all. I realize it's a thing but I don't care to read about it while I am wanting to be entertained. Fortunately, that was a very small part. I just wanted to warn those of you who feel like me and would appreciate the heads up.

This was my first book by this author and it definitely won't be my last. My aversion to a detail he chose to use did not alter my feelings for the rest of the book.

Huge thanks to Sourcebooks Landmark and Net Galley for introducing me to this author by providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.