debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Immortalists - Chloe Benjamin

This was a interesting premise. Four siblings go to see a gypsy psychic who can tell you that day you die. They range in ages of 7 to 13. That's pretty crazy and pretty young to be receiving information like that. However, was the gypsy right in her prophecies or do the persons who are told this prophecy slightly make that death day happen?

I really liked the first part of this book. I was about 22% through the book when I figured out why the young boy dies so young. So sad! However, I am not a fan of magicians and skipped a bunch of those pages. I still got the gist though. I did the same during monkey girl's days at work, as well. Other than my lack of interest in those occupations, I found the book very interesting, sad and a great read.

I loved the inclusion of historical events. Especially the ones that most people can relate to. It just made it so much more real and engrossing for me.

Thanks to Penguin Group Putnam and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.