debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Grist Mill Road: A Novel - Christopher J. Yates

This book was crazy for me at times. When I first started reading it, the female character seemed like "Stepford Wives" and that's how I read them and how they sounded to me. I almost put the book down. Then, all of a sudden the voice I'm reading changes and she does have a mind of her own. I had the same thing happen to me with one of the male characters. I was reading it one way and then it changed.

I think a lot of this was because of the fact the author would tell one side of the story, so I was seeing that character from that point of view. Then I would hear a different side of the story and my opinion and everything would change.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing. It was just different for me. I really enjoyed the book a lot though. That is until the end. I did not like the last chapter. Maybe I missed something along the way, but I did go back and read the next to the last chapter again. It seemed like the author sorted out two of the characters but not the third.

Overall, I thought it was a good read and I sped through this one pretty quickly.

Thanks to Macmillan-Picador and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.