debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Recipe Box: A Novel - Viola Shipman

This was the third book that I have read that was written by Viola Shipman. I first found this author while reading "The Charm Bracelet" which I loved and then "The Hope Chest" which I loved. I was very excited that there was another book on offer and did not waste any time requesting it.

I love how in all of Shipman's books, he takes, for instance, in "The Charm Bracelet". Every charm on the bracelet has a story and a meaning for the mother of the family. The same recipe is used in the other two books. However, I wasn't as impressed with "The Recipe Box" as I was with the other books. This one just seemed to have an over abundance of cheese. That's not to say it wasn't a good read, because it was. It just wasn't one of my favorites.

I did love all the names that Tricia used to describe the celebrity chef that Sam was working for before she went back home. They were some pretty funny names.

If you like Hallmark movies, you will love these books.

Thanks to St. Martin's Press and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.