debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Bonfire - Krysten Ritter

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent read. A woman working for an environmental watchdog company as a lawyer, Abby Williams, goes back to her hometown. A hometown she hasn’t visited in a decade. She left 3 days after her high school graduation. She was “friends” with Kaycee, a girl who could be very mean spirited and who hung out with the popular girls. Kaycee left town shortly before Abby. Abby was not popular and was actually picked on, a lot, by the popular girls. In her venture to find out what Optimal, the corporation her company is investigating, she is drawn back to her high school days. Trying to make sense of it all, she finds a hidden darkness that has been secret for the pas decade. Not only that, it’s a secret that is still going on.

An absolutely mesmerizing thriller that I could not put down, well let’s say I didn’t want to, but sometimes there are distractions you can’t help. Ha!

Gripping, haunting and pulse racing I thoroughly enjoyed the heck out of this book. I ended it with a huge fist pump and a loud “yes” when all the discoveries were brought to light.

I was very intrigued when I saw that Krysten Ritter had written a book. I first noticed her in the TV show about the “B” in Apartment 23 (still unsure why that show was cancelled) and was very excited that I received this galley.

Huge thanks to Crown Publishing and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-Galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.