debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

After She's Gone (Di Matthew Adams) - Sheryl Browne

2.5 Stars

I realize my take on this book is very different from most of the other reviews, however, it is what it is.

The feud between evil drug dealer, Patrick Sullivan, and Detective Inspector Matthew Adams has been going on since these two men were children. When Adams feels that Sullivan killed his child, he is hellbent for revenge. The feud takes on all new levels. For me, those levels became ridiculous. I just could not see Adams, as a cop, doing the things that he does. He treats his wife like crap, moves his alcoholic sister's daughter from a group home to his house to live and treats her like crap.

And Sullivan was disgusting and what he does is disgusting. I just felt like the author just thought of the worst things (all of them) and put them into this book.

I had to give up the book after a little after halfway. I was not enjoying it at all. Way too far fetched for me and I grew very tired of these men acting like children. I could not and did not finish. I left them to fight it out without me because frankly, I really didn't care.

Thanks to Choc Lit and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.