debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Glass Houses - Louise Penny

Wow, how in the heck have I come this far in my life and never read Louise Penny before? I've known for a while that she has quite the following. And now, . . . I know why. Good Grief this was a great read for me.

I spent three quarters of this book immersed in a trial without even knowing who the defendant was, or even if they were female or male. The story went from present to back history to a little further back history, then like six months before and then back to the trial, then like a month before. I mean it was jumping all over the place. And I absolutely loved the characters in Three Pines. Especially the VERY quirky ones. Ha!!

Even though this was number 13 in the series of Armand Gamache, I still felt like I hadn't missed anything. I mean in the sense that I know there were other things that happened prior to this book, but I didn't feel as though I missed out on anything!!!

I know I am preaching to the choir when I say that I was so mesmerized by this book. It did go back and forth a lot, and being an advanced reader, it was hard to keep up as I had to stop for a few seconds and wonder where I was but that did not deter me, AT ALL!!!!!!

If you have not read Louise Penny, don't take as long as I did to figure out that it's an excellent read.

Thoroughly enjoyed this book, laughed quite a few times and was definitely shedding some tears at the end. I grew to love these characters and really miss them now that I've left Three Pines.

Thanks to St. Martin's Press and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.