debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Bones To Pick - Linda Lovely

I really, really liked this book and the main character, Brie Hooker, a lot! At first.

Then I began to feel like her being a vegan was something extra special and that she was. Then the endless preaching about how she was a vegan. Well, it just grated on me. A lot! Using the Shania Twain song: "So, your a vegan, that don't impress me much". It really got in the way of the mystery for me. Okay, I figured out she was vegan - did I really need to be reminded every other page?

And her stance on men. She had been cheated on by her fiance whom she had broken up with over about a year ago. She was done. Yet every other page, she was lusting after the two single men in the book.

I think this could have been a humorous, cute little cozy mystery. However, all this vegan and lusting, it just really got in the way for me.

There were also a few times when a paragraph would be rewritten in its entirety just a few pages later. The first one was when she needed to learn about the breeds of goats said during her "market days event". The second one was when her aunt scolded her about talking to the customers of cholesterol count in cheese. That's just the times I remember.

I did not finish this book. Although I did read the last couple of chapters and yes, it ended like I thought it would. However, the way I went about saved me probably several thousand more reminders that Brie was a vegan.

I've given an extra star for the author's time spent.

Thanks to Henery Press and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.