debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The World of Tomorrow - Brendan Mathews

OMG!!! The journey I have just been on. WHAT a GREAT story!!! I am typing this with tears in my eyes!

So many characters and so many stories. I was rooting for all the main ones.

A family of brothers whose father was involved in the IRA, a immigrant Jew from Prague with her visa about to expire just when Hitler’s regime had invaded and taken over the country and an African American couple, both very musically inclined and good at it, were dealing with racism and a country trying hard to invent the future during a World’s Fair. An absolutely mesmerizing story that enthralled me and definitely kept my attention.

I did a little something different with this book that I've never done before. I Googled images from 1939 of the Plaza, the World's Fair and street scenes. I can't tell you how much that added to my enjoyment of this book. It's something that I will definitely be doing in the future as sometimes, no fault of the author, I don't get the pictures they are describing.

Again, great read, thoroughly enjoyed!!!

Thanks to Little, Brown and Company and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.