debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Hello Again (Dr. Evelyn Talbot Novels) - Brenda Novak

Just going to write down my feelings right now concerning this book.
WOW, wow and, umm, WOW! What a cliffhanger!! (Written right after reading the book)

This is the second book in this series and as soon as I saw it offered, I requested it.

A psychiatrist, Evelyn Talbot, that analyzes serial killers has built a prison in the wilderness of Alaska. So not only in the middle of nowhere, you also have the winters to deal with.

Kidnapped, tortured and almost killed by her high school/college boyfriend, Jasper Moore, she is determined to find out what makes serial killers tick. In this book, the ex-boyfriend is still on the loose years later. Her attempts to find him have not been very successful. Unfortunately, Jasper is still trying to finish what he started years ago and is hellbent that it will happen.

We also have the elusive serial killer, Lyman Bishop, who is incarcerated in Evelyn's prison who she is studying. Another ice pick murder (something Lyman is famous for - trying to lobotomize women so that they will be his slave) done while Lyman is in prison, sets him free. Evelyn tries everything she can to keep it from happening. She is torn on Lyman's innocence until she discovers and talks with his sister.

This was a great story and great series. Of course, with it being Brenda Novak, there is some love scenes included. Its funny when I started reading Brenda Novak, her Last Stand series, there were no romance scenes in her thrillers.

Thanks to St. Martin's Press and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.