debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Summer That Made Us - Robyn Carr

I absolutely loved this book. A story of two sisters that married two brothers and each had three kids all of which were girls. The families would spend every summer at the lake house their grandmother and grandfather owned until the weekend that one of the youngest girls died in a boating accident.

That weekend created a decade feud between the sisters that really tore at their kids and caused some of them act out and question themselves for many years.

I loved all the characters especially the main ones - Charley, Meg, and Krista, the daughters. The sisters had such very different lives even though they married two brothers. I was really glad that the character, Hope, had only a small part in this book. I think if I had to listen to her craziness for much longer, I would have had to throw the book, literally. She was cray, cray.

An excellent read about family and forgiveness that really touched a nerve with me.

Thanks to Harlequin and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.