debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Before I Was Yours: An emotional and beautiful story about love, family and parenthood - Virginia MacGregor

I like this story a lot. The story of a couple, Sam and Rosie, who have given up. They can't have children so they are going to adopt. That wasn't working so well for them either. They were positioned to have two different children which fell through both times.

Now, they have a chance with Jonah. An seven year old boy from Kenya who has a special, very different background from the rest of the children at the foster home. He was found at the airport alone and he won't tell anyone anything about where is from.

I loved Jonah in this book. I felt so sorry for him. Rosie was constantly getting on my nerves, but that was just her character. A woman who wanted a child so bad that she would overcome all obstacles including her husband.

A great read that I thoroughly enjoyed and sped right through. I had to know what happened to Jonah, Rosie & Sam. Poignant and emotional.

Thanks to Little, Brown Book Group and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.