debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Shadow Girl (An Afton Tangler Thriller) - Gerry Schmitt
This was my second book by Gerry Schmitt and I am definitely looking forward to the third. As a matter of fact, I can't wait!

This book starts out with a helicopter being shot out of the air with a missile. The helicopter was bringing a new heart to the CEO of Diamond Shopping Network. He was all set to receive it. Well, that didn't happen. But it started this book off with a bang, literally.

While trying to discover if Leland Odin, the CEO, had any enemies or a reason why someone would want him dead, everyone lies. His partner, his wife, his stepdaughter and his rising star from DSN. This all turns out to bite them in the butt because Leland has taken something from a Thai gang leader and she wants it back. The cost is nothing, human lives or the money. She will get her investment back.

This book had me speed turning the pages from the very beginning. I loved the main character, Afton Tangler. She is a family liason for the police department but she has a detective's mindset.

The criminals in this book are ferocious. Human lives mean nothing to them. They are, in fact, pretty scary.

A book I sped through and thoroughly enjoyed the ride! Definitely worth checking out!

Huge thanks to Berkley Publishing Group and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.