debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Girls in the Water: A completely gripping serial killer thriller with a shocking twist (Detectives King and Lane) (Volume 1) - Victoria Jenkins

The very first thing that I liked about this book is the fact the two main detectives are women. Something that I haven't seen before. The second thing that I liked was the ride that this story took me on. Lots of plot twists with several stories going on at once. The third thing was the cover. I was immediately attracted to this book.

Chloe, new to the department, is working on who is killing these women and, she has a mission of her own. She knows her brother did not commit suicide and is bound and determined to prove it. While being suspended from her job and almost fired, she is searching for that truth. Has she missed something, something very dangerous along the way?

I was thoroughly entertained and enjoyed this book. As a matter of fact, when I finished this one and found the next book in the series available for review, I did not hesitate to request it. Yay, my request was approved and I will get to continue the journeys of Chloe and Alex.

Thanks to Bookouture and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.