debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Fast Falls the Night: A Novel (Bell Elkins Novels) - Julia Keller
I first discovered Julia Keller and her Bell Elkins series through Read it First, now called First Look Book Club. A site that readers can subscribe to and get the first few chapters of a book of their latest offerings. Then they can decide if they want to buy and read the book. I had the pleasure of reading the first few chapters of "A Killing in the Hills" and I was hooked and have been ever since.

In this, the 6th in the Bell Elkins series, things are not looking good for Acker's Gap in rural West Virginia. Bodies are falling all over the place as it's discovered that a new shipment of heroin has hit the town laced with a drug used to fell elephants. Yikes! That has to be some pretty powerful stuff. There are, of course, other crimes and accidents that the small police force of Acker's Gap has to handle. It's a VERY busy, action filled night.

And this is a VERY busy, action filled story. A hostage situation and the surprise of very well kept secret that gets out adds to the drama of this excellent read. One that kept me up very late turning those pages.

I just love this series, however, things are changing with the characters in the story. The abrupt ending leads me to believe we are going to be seeing a lot of new developments in the next book in the series and I can't wait!

Huge thanks to St. Martins Press and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.