debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Best Intentions: A Novel - Erika Raskin

This was a very entertaining read for me. I really liked the main character, Marti, a loving mother of three and a wife of a resident doctor, who has just recently returned to work as a social worker. The "demands" of her husband in his job as a resident usually leaves her holding the bag and doing EVERYTHING regarding the household and the kids. Marti is a very likable character and I really enjoyed meeting her. She has the biggest heart and is constantly trying to overcome her frustration with things at her home between herself and her husband.

When Marti is accused of a horrific crime, I was a little confused. It was introduced in the ARC (I know this may change in the edited version) suddenly and out of nowhere. It kind of through me off to begin with, but after rereading that part, I realized that I didn't miss anything. It was just thrown in. I only add this to my review because it slowed me down in my reading. Other than that, I flew through this book. After the arrest of Marti, I felt so sorry for her and angry, angry, angry.

I love it when authors get my emotions in an uproar and mine were certainly riled while reading this book. I guessed the husband's secret very early in the book and that also flicked on an emotion switch for me. Yay!!

An excellent read with great characters, character development and writing.

Thanks to St. Martins Press and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.