debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Finding Claire Fletcher - Lisa  Regan

I really liked this story a lot. A story of a girl who was kidnapped when she was 15 years old. It is now 10 years later and Claire Fletcher shows up in a bar, having drinks with a detective and proceeding to follow him home for the night. She leaves him early the next morning with only a note with her address and a second dirty wine glass as proof that she was there.

This begins Connor Parks journey on a decades old cold case. Because, when he goes to the address listed on the note, he discovers that the woman he is looking for disappeared 10 years ago.

The story is filled with Lynn (Claire) reliving her decade with her abductor. The horrors, the loathing and the detestation of the monstrosity that was her abductor. It's also filled with suspense, action and a jaw dropping reality of the monster.

I loved that this book was written differently than most abduction books I have read. With the historical aspect of the story, your not really seeing it happen, but just hearing about it.

An excellent read that I sped through, especially towards the end, and could not put down.

Huge thanks to Thomas & Mercer and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.