debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Away With the Fairies - Kerry Greenwood
I just love Phyrne Fisher. I don't think there were a lot of women like her around 1928. This is a woman you do not want to mess with. She is constantly throwing out verbal threats and sometimes she even has to act on them. (People can be so foolish!) She also has a big heart, doesn't take any crap, has lots of money and is willing to give it out to anyone who needs it or anyone who help the case she is involved in at the moment.

This latest one has two mysteries going on. The first is her "lover" Lin Chang has gone to China to purchase a new shipment of silk and she hasn't heard from him in weeks. She's very concerned. The second is a middle aged woman who is quite eccentric and has been murdered. This case takes her into the magazine/newspaper/publishing world. The rag she is helping by writing some fashion articles has mostly women. And, believe me, these women can argue about the nit pickiest things. HA!!

Two mysteries, one she works with the police, and the other, she works alone. Her most favored way to work things. She gets away with a lot more that way.

Always a great read, Phyrne Fisher is a hero and well beyond her time.

Thanks to Poisoned Pen Press and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.