debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Late Show - Michael Connelly
Michael Connelly has a new series starring Renee Ballard and I am psyched! I love this character! Her boldness, relentlessness, and determination are just some of the traits of this ballsy character that I love!

Renee has just been demoted to "The Late Show" which is the 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. shift that no one really wants due to a sexual harassment allegation she imposed on her superior. Especially a stubborn, tenacious woman like Renee who wants to be able to investigate the cases and see them through. This determination, while an excellent trait for a policewoman, gets her into a lot of trouble at work and into some scary situations with some intimidating suspects.

Keeping herself safe is foremost in her mind, however, she sometimes lets the heat of the moment and the risks fall wayside leading to her abduction and near death.

I especially loved the ending. I had to read twice the part when the suspect was revealed. I could not believe it. I was so sure it was someone else. How did this other guy slip into that list? I surely did not see that one coming.

Renee Ballard is definitely and going to be one of my favorite characters. I can't wait to read more books with her as the main character. Especially now that she has a "new job".

Thanks to Little, Brown and Company and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.