debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Our Little Secret: The Most Gripping Debut Psychological Thriller You’ll Read This Year - Darren O'Sullivan

I thought I would never get to the end of this book. I skipped pages after pages and it still seemed to take forever.

I found the characters very boring and not really worth spending my time. Chris was certainly a boring character. He came off to me as having no redeeming qualities whatsoever as a human. He was boring and his obsession and depression were not even entertaining in the least. The endless pages and pages of him just walking around, depressed, were, for me, very cumbersome. I guessed at the very beginning what had happened to Chris's wife, Julia, and I was correct. I only skipped through to see if it did get better. Which it did I am glad to say at around 81% of the book being read. Much, much too long of a wait for a reader to get intrigued with this book.

I think this would make a great short story with about 75% of the boring stuff cut out.

Thanks to HQ Digital and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.