debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Gather the Daughters: A Novel - Jennie Melamed

I seriously almost gave up on this book due to the subject matters regarding the fathers of this post apocalyptic story. However, my anger with this "ritual" also drove me to read further after discovering a "rebellion".

I literally did get a sick regarding this ritual.

As I said, I did keep with the book and found it to be a very good read after my initial shock and disgust. So, if you can find it possible to get over the ritual, you will get a good read.

The ideas and rituals of this island were VERY strange and I hope that's not really happens in the future! HA!! Women are degraded and second, maybe third or even worse, fourth class citizens in this setting on an island that is away from the "Wasteland" of civilization approachable by ferry and only used by the wanderers. The wanderers are the council of men that take trips back to the "Wasteland" to get supplies, people and whatever else they can find that will help their new world.

A good read that I did find gross and entertaining, if you can believe that can happen in one book.

Thanks to Little, Brown and Company and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.