debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Paradise Valley: A Novel (Highway Quartet) - C. J. Box

I love C. J. Box's stand alone novels and this one did not disappoint. An action thriller that had my heart pounding as I ripped through the pages.

Investigator Cassie Dewell is on a mission. She failed to capture the "Lizard King" years ago and it has been bugging her ever since. Now, they have found him again and he's still abducting "lot lizards" who no one ever hears from again once they are inside his truck.

Cassie just knows that this time they have him and the latest "lot lizard". He's going to be arrested and hopefully rot in jail. Unfortunately, the elusive and always thinking of ways to keep himself out of prison is one step ahead of them. His latest plan has Cassie losing her job and even more determined to get this guy.

Filled with action, suspense, unusual predicaments and one that will have you staying up WAY past your bedtime this is one I highly recommend. I read it in one sitting while the pages just flew by. A sicko with an unusual technique that I couldn't wait to see him caught and put away!

Thanks to St. Martins Press and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.