debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Watch Me Disappear: A Novel - Janelle Brown

I thought that this was a pretty good premise for this book. However, I did tire of the father rather soon into my reading. I just did not connect with him at all. That being said, I'm not sure how I would act if my wife was missing for over a year and finding out all kinds of things about her that he did not know. Things in her past that were not even close to being revealed or told truthfully during their marriage that had been long enough to produce a teenage daughter.

Besides the missing mother and wife, there are other things going on in the book. Most of them having to do with the teenage daughter who is seeing visions and thinks her mother is still alive. These visions, after a while, lead the father and daughter to a mystery that was a shock to them both.

A decent read that includes some suspense that is, if you can get over some of the actions taken by the father.

Thanks to Random House and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.