debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Everything We Left Behind: A Novel - Kerry Lonsdale

This is the continuation of the series "Everything We Keep". The first book dealt with Aimee who attended her fiance's funeral instead of her nuptials on her wedding day. This book tells us what really happened to James in Mexico. Well, eventually.

James is now Carlos and living in Mexico, has two sons, a deceased wife and owns an art gallery. He knows nothing of James. Freaky, but true.

Luckily, I had this book on my TBR pile right after I finished the first in the series. I picked it up right after finishing the first book. I could not wait. This one continued the flow, with some overlapping - which is to be expected, and I was right back into the story again. I'm not sure whether there will be more in this series. I could see that there could be. Telling the story of Aimee's life after finding James would be my guess if there is another book.

I thoroughly enjoyed this series. This was the first time that I had read this author and will definitely be adding her name to the list of authors to read.

Thanks to Lake Union Publishing and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.