debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Atlas of Forgotten Places: A Novel - Jenny D. Williams

I absolutely loved this book. A book filled with family, love, friendship, action and suspense set in Africa during the revolutionary war in Uganda and the Congo.

Sabine, who has retired from a long career of aid work to Germany, discovers that her niece, Lily, who went to Uganda to follow in her aunt's footsteps, is missing. Lily was scheduled to come home for the holidays, however, she was not on the plane when it landed. Sabine knows that the only way she is going to find her niece is to go to Uganda herself and look into the matter.

What she finds there is so different from how it was when she was there as an aid worker. There has been a revolutionary war and poverty is everywhere. Families are missing family members and it seems everyone is trying to find their loved ones. However, with Lily being white, she hopes that this will put a spark under everyone and Lily will be found easily and safely. That does not happen.

The story of Sabine's journey is filled with action and suspense. I sped right through this book totally engrossed. Jenny D. Williams has done a great job in this, her debut novel. The writing and how she plotted everything was impeccable.

A book filled with emotion, surprises, and lots and lots of danger which I found very entertaining. I would definitely read this author's next book!

Thanks to St. Martin's Press and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.