debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Lockdown: A Novel of Suspense - Laurie R. King

Career day at Guadalupe High School is a big affair and you just know something very bad is going to happen that day. And, when it started, I was majorly surprised at who started it.

King has several characters in this book, students, teachers, and parents and tells of their stories and their thoughts leading up to the big Career Day. There is even a story about a former student (Bee) who used to go to Guadalupe but who disappeared on her way to school several years ago. There is also a student who's sister was killed by a gang member of who's brother also goes to Guadalupe High.

There are several plot lines going on in this book and they definitely kept and held my interest. Trying to figure out who will be the one to cause the trouble on Career Day was certainly not easy as I had several suspects in my mind going down to the big day. And, everyone I guess was wrong. A great read that deals with the workings and people attending Guadalupe High School.

I enjoyed reading this book and wish to thank Random House/Ballantine and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review