debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Alice Network - Kate Quinn

Wow, just realized as I'm going to write this review that this book was 516 pages. I knew it was lengthy (good $$ value, if it's good!), but it does not seem like I actually read that many pages. Even better - I was mesmerized.

I was so into this book. These women were phenomenal in how and what they did. And, the author did a great job depicting every scene. I really felt like I was there. My hands would sweat right along with the characters, hoping upon hope that they did not get caught.

The characters - Eve cracked me up. She did not take any crap from anyone while on the road with Charlie and Finn. She was on a mission and she was going to make it happen. A crusty character who can really talk anyone into doing anything.

I know this is a good book. Over Memorial Day weekend I had several people ask me what good book I've read lately and . . . this one took the prize. It is a story that has and will remained with me and the fact that it is based on a true story only makes it that much better!

Thanks to William Morrow and Edelweiss for their approvals so that I could read the e-galley and provide this honest, unbiased review.