debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Party: A Novel - Robyn Harding

It's all fun and games until someone loses an . . .

This book showed the ugly side of everyone when a horrible tragedy happens at a sixteenth birthday party. The party starts innocent enough when Hannah's mother Kim starts it with the rules. No alcohol, no drugs and no boys. Then the party is on. The rules, a total waste of Kim's breath. A fact Kim discovers when she is awoken from her two glasses of wine and half an ambien idled sleep several hours later by her blood covered daughter, Hannah. Kim and her family's life goes downhill after that.

It was amazing how people's personalities and opinions changed after this party. Just like the high schoolers, the parent's became selfish, greedy, and childish. The author did a great job with the characters and they became and were real people in my mind. There were so many times I wanted to jump up out of my chair and just beat the crap out of some of these people. Seriously, how ridiculous can one be and still call themselves an adult?

A story that looked at teenagers and adults when a life changing crisis and small, insignificant at the time, mistakes can change their lives.

Thanks to Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.