debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

He Said/She Said - Erin Kelly

I put this book down after progressing about 18% and went onto other books. Then I read a blurb about witnessing an attack, suspenseful, secrets, etc. And I was wondering to myself, do I have the same book. The one I was reading was going on and on about chasing ecliptic phenomenons as it is Kit's hobby.

So. . . I picked up the book again and there it was, just like the blurb said. I really think the author needs to start in on the action part a whole lot sooner. I did like how she would go from present time back to the beginning of Kit and Laura's relationship. The author would tell part of a story and then come back, little are you realizing that you are not seeing the secrets and "the rest of the story". When the author does open your eyes, your jaw will drop. I know mine dropped several times over the course of reading this book.

I also think there are instances where the stories could be shortened and it would not take away from the story at all. Sometimes the story just seemed to drone on and on with really nothing being said.

I found this to be a decent read and I enjoyed it. However, had I not read that blurb, I would not have gone back to finish it and give it that second chance.

Thanks to St. Martin's Press and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.