debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Rise and Shine, Benedict Stone: A Novel - Phaedra Patrick

This poor, sad character, Benedict Stone. All he really cares about is his wife, Estelle, and having a family which even more sadly, is not going to happen. So Benedict eats and eats and eats. His life is mundane and sad, very sad. Then Estelle leaves him. Then he becomes really sad. Benedict is so sad that I almost did not want to continue reading this book. He is such a loser, but there is something about him that makes you want to read on.

Then Gemma comes into his life. The daughter of his brother, the only living family members he has left. And, things begin to change.

The story then took a new twist with Gemma learning and teaching about the meaning of gemstones and handing them out to people with hopes to better their lives. Gemma is hiding a huge secret, but then so is Benedict. Even Estelle doesn't know Benedict's secret and she knows everything about him.

When this story was all said and done, I was so sorry that I thought of Benedict as a loser. He's not a loser. He just needed a push, something to get him out of his misery and his sadness of not being able to have a family.

A beautiful, entertaining and enjoyable read! Thanks to Harlequin and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.