debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Lake and the Lost Girl: A Novel - Jacquelyn Vincenta

What is up with the husband's of women who write for a living in this book. They are both demanding, violent and abusive. I spent most of this book with my fists clenched wanting to use them on Frank. A man who obsessed with finding out more about an elusive poet writer who hasn't been heard from since 1939.

This was a chilling tale filled with domestic abuse by these husbands and how these women dealt with their problem. While the deal with Frank and Lydia and their relationship was a little long in several places, I think the author just wanted you to understand the reality of Frank's obsession and how it changed him.

I stayed up way to late to finish this book because I just HAD to know how it ended! There was absolutely no way I was putting it down, I could sleep tomorrow. Chilling, suspenseful and tragic, I enjoyed this read very much.

Huge thanks to Sourcebooks Landmark and Net Galley for allowing me the privilege to read and review this book in exchange for providing an honest, unbiased review.