debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

You Will Pay - Lisa Jackson

I had a little trouble at the start of this book getting used to the writing style of the author. I'm not sure why that was, I have read Lisa Jackson in the past and don't remember a problem. However, that was soon remedied and it was off to the races.

The book is told is two parts. The present and twenty years before when in the time frame of only a couple of days, 2 female camp counselors, a young stable guy who cares for the horses and an escaped killer all disappear. Due to this, Camp Horseshoe is shut down and never opened again. The nights in question are visited several times throughout the book with each character telling just a little bit of what they remember. Of course, it's just enough for the reader to come up with suspect after suspect while reading this phenomenal read.

The ending is shocking and provides a method of using a knife that I have never heard of. And, I read a lot of thrillers and mysteries! A book worthy of your TBR pile that you should most definitely check out.

Huge thanks to Kensington Books for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.