debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Seven Days in May: A Novel - Kim Izzo

This was a very entertaining story told in two parts. One part is about the passengers aboard the ship, Lusitania and the other part is about the men and women (mostly Isabel) working in Room 40 where all messages intercepted go to be decoded. It's war time and thoughts are strained, tension everywhere. Brooke, Sydney's sister, and the reason they are on board the Lusitania, is getting married to an impoverished aristocrat. Wow, is she a witch with a "b". She is definitely cray, cray and certainly keeps the story of the characters on the Lusitania more lifelike.

Isabel works in Room 40. She has a secret. She was hired to work in Room 40 helping to decipher the coded messages sent from the enemy, Germany. She is another cray, cray; but at least her heart is in the right place

A thrilling, tragic read that I was not, nor did I want to, put it down. We all know the ending of the last sailing of the Lusitania, however, this book really gives you the feeling you are there.

Thanks to Little, Brown & Company and Net Galley for the free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.