debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Skitter: A Novel (The Hatching Series Book 2) - Ezekiel Boone

This is the second in the series of the spider-apocalypse. The first being 'The Hatching". This one starts after the spiders have hatched and killed millions of people and now they have retreated. They have only hit a few cities, but they are all over the world. There is no rhyme or reason to the location of the attacks.

Los Angeles is under a quarantine. No one is allowed out. However, some people do get out before this quarantine was set up. Why are these people not allowed out? What is the meaning of these hanging sacs of silky woven threads? What is the glow coming from some of them? Is there going to be another attack?

This was a strange series for me to request as I absolutely hate spiders. However, while reading it, I hear the word spiders, but I'm not cringing or freaking out about them. When they are attacking, they move in masses and the author calls it a black mass. So. . . if your afraid of spiders, don't let that deter you. This is an awesome series and one that will definitely keep you awake at night. It's interesting how each country with a infiltration of these spiders chooses to handle the situation. The Chinese set off an nuclear bomb and destroy much more than just the city being attacked.

A great series that I highly recommend. Thanks to Atria Books and Net Galley for approving and allowing me to read and review this utterly thrilling read! Definitely unputdownable!