debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Sweet Smell of Magnolias and Memories - Celeste Fletcher McHale

I absolutely loved this book. A man and a woman find something (love?) during three days spent on a roof after a flood. For Jacey and Colin, that was a year ago and they haven't seen each other since despite their promises to get in touch after everything was normal again.

The story of what happened during that year to each of them was emotional, sad and perplexing for at least one of the couple. The other one left in a coma with amnesia, but they remembered they had the other's number. Which unfortunately got lost in the shuffle.

The story continues on placing this couple together and apart and then over again. There are other plots going on also. Such as what happened to the mother and her three boys that were also on the roof.

A great love story between all of the characters who just happened to be on that roof for three days together during the flood with storms, thunder and lightning. A story that I thoroughly enjoyed and would most certainly recommend.

Thanks to Thomas Nelson-Fiction and Net Galley for approving and allowing me to read and review this book.