debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Best of Adam Sharp - Graeme Simsion

I tried to read Graeme Simsion's first book, The Rosie Project, I just could not get into it. So when this one came out, I thought I would give it a chance. While I did finish the whole book this time, I have to say that this one I did not really care for.

I think the hardest part for me, what was done in regards to the premise. I know in the blurb they say that Adam thinks about Angela all the time and that they do get back in touch. Actually, I did not need the details, especially the details that are written in this book.

Yes this book made me feel an emotion and it was disgust regarding the characters and their exploits in their later life. I also felt sad, very sad for them. I suppose that is, as I usually say, a good thing when a book makes you feel something. I guess I should consider all emotions and not just the good ones. However, this was an okay read after all, I did get through it. I guess Graeme Simsion and me are not quite such a great fit. I did get to see what all the buzz was about.

Thanks to St. Martin's Press and Net Galley for allowing me to read and review this book.