debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Murder is the Main Course (A Red Carpet Catering Mystery) (Volume 4) - Shawn Reilly Simmons

I love the Red Carpet Catering series. Not only are they cozy mysteries, you get to see behind the scenes while filming is being done. That just adds to the premise, for me, and creates a unique setting where all types of things are going wrong.

This one begins with a bang, with the head chef of the hotel/restaurant where the crew is staying, being found in the cooler. That's not the unusual part. The usual part is Penelope is in the cooler getting groceries to start breakfast. Then the lights go out and she runs into someone. The unusual part is that the someone is hanging from the ceiling, dead, and it's the head chef.

Thus begins the adventure that takes us to a huge forest right outside the city limits of this rural little town. This forest holds lots of secrets, including the fact that five teenagers have gone missing there in the last several years. Then there is the strange guy at the hardware store who just stares at Penelope and grins. He is also engaging in very audible uncontrolled laughter during the funeral of the chef. Yeah, weird. And, he is only one of the many quirky characters that come to light in this small, small town.

If you haven't read this series, I suggest you give it a try. It is quirky, entertaining, action packed and will fail to disappoint.

Thanks to Henery Press and Net Galley for approving and allowing me to read and review this book.