debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Robert B. Parker's Little White Lies (Spenser) - Ace Atkins

I have over a dozen Robert B. Parker books, yet this is the first one in his series that I've read. I have read Ace Atkins books before that he has written not as Robert B. Parker. I loved the Ace Atkins books and yes, I loved the Robert B. Parker book. I can tell there is a different style of writing.

I really like this Spenser character. What a smarta$$ he is. I like that, reminds me of myself. In this particular book, his client has met a man online and she has given him $360,000. Now that man has left and she wants her $$ back. Spenser soon finds out, she really doesn't care about the $$, she wants the man back. Spenser is determined though, his client is paying for the $$, she's getting the $$. There are several shady characters involved in this mystery and I certainly would not turn my back on them. Getting through the muck of all this and discovering just who this online man really is made for great reading.

I enjoyed this book immensely and was thoroughly entertained. I will certainly be looking forward to reading more in this series. Now, I am going to have to get out my own Robert B. Parker books and see how the real man holds up to his replacement. HA!!

Huge thanks to Penguin Group Putnam for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest unbiased review.